Gismondi 1754 signs binding offer for the acquisition of Hyperion Lab
Gismondi 1754 signs binding offer for the acquisition of Hyperion Lab.
On 14 November last, Gismondi 1754 signed a binding confirmatory offer for the acquisition of Hyperion Lab, a well-known, high-end jewellery factory in Valenza specializing in the supply of third-party manufacturing services, C.O.C. for gold procurement and RJC (Responsible Jewellery Council) certified. The acquisition allows the Gismondi 1754 group to continue an important strategic consolidation process, which began this year on the commercial side with the acquisition of Vendorafa S.r.l., as communicated to the market on 3 April 2023, as well as to increase production internalization, thus protecting the group's brands from aggressive production cost speculation and ensuring that they remain commercially competitive.
The transaction will be divided into two main phases. The first will involve Gismondi 1754’s acquisition of a 51% shareholding of the company capital; the second will see the granting of a purchase option for the remaining part of the shareholding, equal to 36.3% of Hyperion Lab’s company capital, held by the majority shareholder, as well as the granting of a purchase option in favor of Gismondi 1754 in regard to the shares held by the minority shareholders, Matteo Zamboni and Mauro Trincheri, equal to the remaining 12.7% of the company capital, counterbalanced by a put option in favor of the minority shareholders with the same conditions and timing as the purchase option.
The definitive agreements could be signed by 15 December 2023, while the closing of the majority stake purchase could be finalized by the end of December 2023. Moreover, through Hyperion Lab, the agreement will place the Gismondi 1754 group in a position as a supplier of excellence in the creation of Italian jewellery. The acquisition will allow Hyperion Lab to develop its third-party manufacturing business and increase its portfolio of international customers. Gismondi 1754 plans to use approximately 20% of Hyperion Lab's production capacity for its portfolio companies, leaving the remaining 80% for third-party business. Lastly, as already occurred with the acquisition of Vendorafa, the operation is a major identity statement for the Gismondi 1754 group, deeply rooted as it is in promoting and safeguarding the excellence of Italian gold and jewellery manufacturing.
Massimo Gismondi, CEO of Gismondi 1754, said: «I am delighted to announce this fundamental strategic operation that guarantees us production autonomy, while at the same time increasing turnover and margins, thanks to subcontracting. This operation also confirms an aspect of our industrial vision that we have had in mind for some time: the fact of being staunch supporters of Made in Italy as an essential identity element. With this acquisition, we are furthering the deep-rootedness in our motto “handmade in Italy by Italians” for which we are well-known and with which we enhance and hand down the sector’s Italian craftsmanship and high specialization.»
Fabio Magrin, owner and CEO of Hyperion Lab, commented: «Becoming part of such a dynamic and ambitious group as Gismondi 1754, is a source of pride and enthusiasm for all the management and employees. This operation will allow us to further develop our production and take on new challenges while keeping production rooted to the territory.»